Completely new to mac, had a few questions. Thanks :)

Reaction score
Hi, I just got my macbook... today actually. I've used windows for many many years.. and know the complete ins and outs of it... and mac doesn't seem to be anything at all like it.. I feel like such a retard when i get infront of this thing.. i wanted a mac because i've heared people talk about how good it is for picture editing n stuff of that sort. I want to be a web developer and i already have dreamweaver, but its on windows. its an exe and i was wondering if there was any possible way to get it up and running on mac without instaling windows on here.. (kinda short on cash and i know installing windows on here costs more money.. unless theres a way to do it free) if theres any other tips or anything anybody has for a COMPLETE newb to mac please feel more than welcome to throw in some info. Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
you could run boot camp available from Apple.....that would allow you to run Apple and Win on one pc...but I think you need an intel based Mac first.

You could buy some other programs such as parallels that would do it also.

Hope that shines some light for you....I'm not much newer at this than you.

M

MacHeadCase

You could try DarWINE but I don't know if it runs well or how to use it.

Maybe someone else with a bit of experience in its use could jump in here and tell you all about it.

Reaction score
I always thought that there was a Dreamweaver version for Mac. But don't worry, the mac is super intuitive. If you spend more than three hours in front of it you'll figure out how to use it in no time.

M

MacHeadCase

Oh there is a Mac version of DreamWeaver but I had assumed (probably wrongfully so) that avingochea wouldn't be able to afford it right now.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
OS X will not run any Windows programs. You will have to buy, beg, borrow or steal to get the Mac version of Dreamweaver.

OP
A
Reaction score
yeah i'll probbably have to install windows on here or whatever.. ok well thnx a bunch guyz, really appreciate it :)

Reaction score
****, yeah i'll probbably have to install windows on here or whatever.. ok well thnx a bunch guyz, really appreciate it :)
I installed XP on my mac with bootcamp that I downloaded from apple website.
it was really easy straight forward. You have to use XP with SP2 intergrated disc. I'm pretty new to Mac myself and beginning to use it more and more everyday and learn new stuff everyday. I only installed XP for certain software that won't run on mac like Yahoo music that I subscribe to. I already posted this in other thread that when I run XP my macbook fan will fire up right away and it stops when I switch to Mac. I wonder if XP uses more system resources than Mac. As soon as I'm done with whatever I have to do in XP I switch to Mac right away this will make my battery last longer when I'm not plugged in the outlet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Call Adobe.

I'm not sure about the ex-Macromedia stuff (Dreamweaver, Flash, etc.) but Adobe has always offered very-low-cost crossgrades from Windows to Mac.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.