MP3 to Wav file

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Sorry in advance...I know this will have been covered but I didn't find it.

What do I need to do to convert MP3's in iTunes to a format I can play in the car CD player....

Before you heap abuse remember I'm probably bigger than you, stronger than you, a better shot than you, and a faster hide n seeker than you.

Reaction score
What format are the songs you want to convert? What format does your car player support?

I just need clarification on that before helping you further.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
just make a playlist in itunes. and burn them. it should burn them as an audio cd for your car/any other cd player.

Reaction score
My bad MD ... I just read your post title ... iTunes can turn those MP3's into WAVEs. It's in Pref -> Importing -> then pull down the menu and select WAVE. Then go to the songs you want, right-click on them and select 'Convert to WAVE'.

Doesn't your cars stereo recognise MP3s??

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
iTunes for sure. It can convert to a lot of formats and also burn directly to Audio CD's. Follow Pulse-8's advise. It's dead on.

OP
MaDDoG
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Thanks Pulse...as usual you have your finger on it. Found the prefs drop down and cahnged it to convert to wav's instead of aac.

Gratsia

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with car stereos that play discs but would have thought at least mp3 being supported, but then I'm no expert in that area as I'm using an extrememly dodgy am/fm radio with a broken cassette player that the radio part cuts in and out whenever it feels like it. I'm driving the family along and suddenly the radio blares out of the quad speakers at top volume .... then as quick as it appeared it's gone again ... tried fixing it but can't find any loose wires ... lol one day i'll upgrade the car stereo like my home computer has been upgraded ...

Reaction score
If your cars cd player is new enough to handle the mp3 format simpley burn the mp3 as a data disk. You will be able to get hundreds of songs on a cd then instead of the 18 to 20 wave files that normally get on.

If not, then any good burner program will convert and burn your mp3's to an "audio disk". iTunes works quite well...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.