Thinking of getting a mac

Reaction score
Hi everyone I have been a long time pc user and I thinking of switching to a mac book the 1.83ghz version. I am currently in school for web development and what I wanted to do was use boot camp to run windows. For .NET 2003 for my C# apps (I have no choice need to use it for some of my projects) and then move back to osx and use dream weaver for web development. Do you think the mac book will work good for that or just stick with a windows laptop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook CoreDuo 2Ghz 768M RAM
Hi everyone I have been a long time pc user and I thinking of switching to a mac book the 1.83ghz version. I am currently in school for web development and what I wanted to do was use boot camp to run windows. For .NET 2003 for my C# apps (I have no choice need to use it for some of my projects) and then move back to osx and use dream weaver for web development. Do you think the mac book will work good for that or just stick with a windows laptop.

It'll work fine. If you don't need to be in Windows "full time" you could even run it in a window via Parallels (Windows in a window).
I do this when I'm providing tech support for family or clients w/ Windows machines. The 'show off factor' is a great Mac bragging point, too "Is that Windows in a window?????" :D or doing the cool transition from full screen windows back to windowed mode \m/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB, Mac Pro 2.66Ghz 3GB X1900.
If you need both Windows and OSX in one package there's no other legal option.

Disk space will be important if you are dual booting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.