Vista on Parallels -

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it true that running Vista on parallels requires Vista Business or Ultimate?

Cause i just bought a home premium Vista and figured out it doesnt support the cheap versions like home basic or home premium at all.

Oh my god.

Mark

Reaction score
Hi, I just did a bit of googling and found this:

Update: We contacted Justin, and he said he ran into the same problems mentioned before, where the network doesn't run and neither does the Windows Experience Index. So this Vista on OSX/Parallels thing isn't quite perfect yet. Plus, you'll need a copy of the more-expensive Enterprise or Ultimate Editions to run it on Parallels legally—the Home Edition EULA doesn't allow virtualization.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
According to the Vista EULA, you can only use the Enterprise/Ultimate for virtualization.

TECHNICALLY, however, you should be able to install any version. Sure, it would be against the rules, but at least there isn't a technical limitation.

OP
M
Reaction score
Now, I realize Business, Enterprise and Ulitmate are all good for parallels.
Pls correct me if I am wrong as I am going to buy another Vista.

I actually installed my Home Premium via Bootcamp perfectly fine without any problem. When I tried to install parallels, there should be an option to mirror my bootcamp paratition so that I dont have to install the Windows again.
But the 'Use BootCamp' option was dimmed which was not selectable as an option. That I found out home premium is not supported by parallels.

I am going to buy a new Business edition, pls verfiy if it is supoorted if anyone knows it for sure.

Thanks a lot.

Mark

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.