Total Newbie, Help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook2,1 2 GHz, 1 GB, 667 MHz, Ipod 4 GB Nano, 2nd gen Ipod shuffle, Ipod touch 8GB
Hi All,

I've just recently bought a Macbook and I'm lovin it!! I am however not very computer literate, luckily I'm a fast learner! What I need to know is how to run my virus scans with virex? And do I need any other progs like adaware or spybot? I sincerely apologise for the ignorance but any advice/suggestions would be very much appreciated and you all seem like a nice bunch so HELP!!:girl:

Thanks Charlotte x

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
No, you don't. It's one of the points of using a Mac. Unless you are running Windows on it, it is immune to viruses, spyware, and other banes of Windows users existence. Thus you do not need to have any anti-anything above and beyond what comes with it. Just start using it.

Enjoy.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0 ghz
No, you don't. It's one of the points of using a Mac. Unless you are running Windows on it, it is immune to viruses, spyware, and other banes of Windows users existence. Thus you do not need to have any anti-anything above and beyond what comes with it. Just start using it.

Enjoy.
I hate to argue, but OSX is not immune, however, it might as well be. There are still viruses for Macs, but there are so few(I believe it is under a dozen?) that it is almost pointless to have an anti-virus software. However, as far as I know, Macs are immune to spyware and adware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.