Epson Stylus CX 7800

Reaction score
OK, I've been on my new macbook (new to mac entirely) for nearly 2 weeks now. I've really had no issues BUT this.

I cannot get my printer to work... the drivers aren't on here so I had to download them... I followed the instructions precisely (including resetting the printer) but they simply don't show up even after a restart (which I know isn't necessary). At any rate, I'm at a loss. Any suggestions?

The printer I'm discussing is an Epson Stylus CX-7800

OP
GulfVetSAF
Reaction score
Appreciate the link... but I've even installed using the drivers disk that came with it (and downloaded the drivers as well from Epson's site). When I plug the printer directly into my macbook it works, but when I try and set it up on my network, the drivers for this particular printer aren't available (in the drop down menu)...??? So, if I use the generic printer settings that it defaults to, I get a bunch of gobbly gook or a bunch of blank pages when I try and print something.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
I have the same printer, and I connect to it via my network (through a D-Link Print Server).

The only thing that worked for me was loading the Gutenprint drivers. Now it works like a charm. :)

Hope this helps!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.