I am pissed off !

B

bamon

I payed for my G4 ibook 800 Mhz this morning. This afternoon i see that Apple has released new ibooks. The smallest ibook i ordered (800mhz) is now 1ghz, with 512 mhz bus. Will this be significantly better computer ? Because if it will i am just gonna kick some reseller ass for not keeping me informed. AAARGH !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
For what it's worth, in most applications you won't see a real difference, and for internet - vitually none since connection speed is the limiting factor

OP
S

starrin

Take it back -- did you buy if from an Apple Store? They have a policy on this.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
bamon said:
I payed for my G4 ibook 800 Mhz this morning. This afternoon i see that Apple has released new ibooks. The smallest ibook i ordered (800mhz) is now 1ghz, with 512 mhz bus. Will this be significantly better computer ? Because if it will i am just gonna kick some reseller ass for not keeping me informed. AAARGH !

If you ordered it from the Apple, you will mostly get the upgrade. If not return it and purchase the upgraded iBook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
starrin said:
Take it back -- did you buy if from an Apple Store? They have a policy on this.
Politely, there are no Apple stores in Slovenia

OP
W

WilliS

i ordered my ibook 400mhz, and all of a sudden they upgraded their line to 600mhz.... apple took 3 weeks to get me my laptop!

but when it arived, they upgraded me to 600mhz, from 20 to 30 gigs, and apoligized for the delay.

trust me, you will get it upgraded :)

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
I told you to wait... and you didn't... :(
I remember reading a story where someone ordered a 1.8 G5, and then the dual's came out. He got 2 dual 1.8 G5's! He returned the other one.
If you get 2, can I have one? :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I would just cancel my order since Im pretty sure they havent shipped it yet, and then order the new one :)

OP
T

TylerMoney

they probably exchange it...try to cancel your order..or just get over it..pretend it didn't happen..cause you'll still be freakin happy, and have a friggin nice laptop.

OP
L

lugee

Just found out that apple have 10 day return policy so you could use that and get an upgraded ibook.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I've had my Powerbook for two months, and I also saw the news release of the new iBooks and Powerbooks at Apple's website.

To make a long story short, I now have one of the upgraded new Powerbooks sitting here on my desk. Just talk to them, they'll upgrade it for you. ;)

OP
T

trenollet

Let me see if I have this right? You bought your pbook 2 months ago, called Apple when the new pb came out and they swapped with you?

Can they really afford to do that? I can understand within 30 days but 60 days?!?!

If this is true, I'm bumping my iBook! Do you think it will still fly since I bought mine from a re-seller not the apple store?

Reaction score
I'm slowly sinking in the posts of Mac-forums
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook 12" Combo Drive/867 MHz/256 MB RAM/40 GB hard drive/Mac OS X 10.3.5/AirPort Extreme it sux
WAH!?!? MY POWERBOOK IS 867 MHZ!! Can I bump it too?
Jeeze... If I knew this, I would have bumped my Powerbook to the 1 GHz because it was only like 20 days.

OP
T

trenollet

Nope, no can do. Just called Apple and talked to Regina and they will NOT exchange your Mac for an updated model. Now if you purchased your Mac within the past 10 days, they will honor price protection.

Sorry

OP
T

TylerMoney

hmmm, but it worked for one..maybe you just have to talk to the right person..they mark down 10 days or something....hmmm....this makes me think...evil thoughts...I've had mine for almost five months..hmmm....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
There's no harm in trying! :)

OP
W

WilliS

oh you evil evil bastages! lol

<sarcasm>ive had my 2.0 Dual G5 since september....wonder if i can upgrade to the new ones when they come out just by giving back my old one! </sarcasm>

i can see buying one a week before an update, and not knowing they have a new line out, but months..i would say you are abusing a perfectly decent system on apples part... considering they COULD just say "too bad.. you baught it yesterday, we upgraded today...but... would you like to upgrade to overnight delivery so you can receive your computer before it becomes totally obsolete?"

OP
D

d00kie

At least you can return/cancel/upgrade the iBook.

I bought mine about three weeks ago- at least I only paid $849 for a return model, if I paid the $999 regular (w/ student discout) I would have felt a much painful blow.

OP
B

bamon

well. they called me the next day and they guarantee me that i am getting the new model for the old price. since the new model has 256 onboard ram and i added 512 i will now have 768 ram, and not 640 like in previous model, where 128 is on board, and they remove the addin 128 to replace it with the biger modul. **** i'm lucky.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.