Refrub return!!

Reaction score
okay here is the story. I bought a refurb macbook 183 with 512. i know not the most powerful unit but i just bought an imac so i had to keep the funds down. i picked up the extra care and off i went. the first time i booted up it did the software update and shut down. i got the white folder and called apple. we got it started and i thought it had to do with the update and off again. the next day the same folder. this happened for 5 days straight. i was on the phone and took it to a mac store.

the store said it was the motherboard and i wasn't happy but okay fix it. 7 more days went bye and they didn't work on it. called apple and after about 3 hours on the phone i got to the right person. they told me to ship it back and they would send me a new one for the same price.

the new macbook is fine and i'm somewhat happy but went through a lot of bs to get it right but i did get a new macbook for a refurb $

so was the refurb the problem i can't say but i'm not a buyer for a refurb again. apple did step up to the plate. after some work so i have mixed feelings.

the macbook is great!!!

Joe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Glad you got your issue fixed. Congrats and enjoy!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
im glad you got it sorted out i am sorry on apple's behalf on the long fix time...

and yea i had no problem reading that but no real use for the all bold font
-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.