Solution for old TV

Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for a solution to connect my AppleTV to my old PAL TV without HDMI or component but only S-Video and AV in.
Every place i search, people got a lot of theories of how to pull it off, but no-one really comes with a hands-on solution with "THIS is what you need for it".
Several converters are mentioned which resulted in me buying this, which only came out with a black screen.

So... if you have made your AppleTV work with and old(er) TV, please let me know which cables, converters or so you have used...

Regards
Mikkel Erlandsen
Herning, Denmark

Reaction score
Sorry my friend but there is no way to do it. I have tryed everything. The only way is to get a new tvset.

Manos

OP
E
Reaction score
Actually i found the solution.
I bought this converter Component (YUV) to RGB/VGA Converter and it worked perfect.
All it needed was a scart-cable that was fully connected (or else it was black/white).

So this is a solution, maybe there are other converters, but this worked for me :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4/2GB/200HD/256 8600gt
my picture tube tv has component in, will it work?

OP
E
Reaction score
yes, that'll do it - the Apple TV has component out...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.