Lemon policy?

HBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook CD 2.0ghz
Hi,

I'm not sure what the Lemon policy is, but how many times do you need to go for a repair, and how many repairs do you need before they just replace your laptop

Thanks!

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Hi,

I'm not sure what the Lemon policy is, but how many times do you need to go for a repair, and how many repairs do you need before they just replace your laptop

Thanks!

At least in my state (don't know about Canada), there is no "lemon law" as it applies to computers. Personally, if it's been excessive (3 times+), I'd ask outright to have it replaced - and if denied, I would escalate to management and follow up with a BBB complaint.

Reaction score
In the first year of my new iMac, I had to take it in 4 times. On that 4th time, the AppleStore recommended I ask for a replacement which I did and Apple shipped me out a new Mac.

It really depends on the fault and I suggest you keep all the job sheets as my Applestore lost mine and if I hadn't kept a copy of them I would have been USCWAP.

OP
HBP

HBP

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook CD 2.0ghz
Were they cosmetic, ie. Top Case replacements in Macbook, or do those not count?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
My MBP died after 6 hours. I took it back they pulled it apart and just replaced it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
Please see this thread.

Apple has no "lemon policy." It's up to the individual store or service manager to decide when to issue a replacement.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.