• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

I need a MacBook Pro...should i wait or get it now?

Reaction score
Alright so i need to nuy a new Macbook Pro for college this fall...i've never had a mac before so my question is should i wait to get it or get it now?....I need to buy it by august so are there gonna be any new developments that are worth waiting for?....thanks in advance

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You basically answered the question our self. You don't need it until August. If that is the case, then start looking in July. That should give you enough time to get in hand by August.

OP
S
Reaction score
yea but i'd like to get it as soon as possible so i'd get used to it....so i only want to wait if there's a new development releasing

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
yea but i'd like to get it as soon as possible so i'd get used to it....so i only want to wait if there's a new development releasing

No, the only new thing coming (with hard evidence to substantiate it) is Leopard (Mac OS X 10.5), which will not be here until October. If you want time to get acclimated to it, and you've decided that the Mac is what you need, I'd say go for it.

OP
S
Reaction score
great thats what i was curious about...does the current operating system have any major problems...or anything i should be aware about?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i dont have no mac's
great thats what i was curious about...does the current operating system have any major problems...or anything i should be aware about?

you will probably begin to get worried after a few hours of using it because the operating system is going to do something extremely weird...like, not crash ;) there are no problems with the OS.

but there is a learning curve to the os, in which you have to un-learn some windows things and do them the mac way...it is nothing difficult and once used to these few small things you will love that they are so much easier than the other os you were using before ;)

-chris

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.