Fetch Help

Reaction score
I have the system firewall turned on and I found out this AM that the firewall is blocking Fetch from connecting to some web server's that I use. I turned firewall off and all worked fine. I checked FTP and turned the FW back on but it's still getting blocked. How can I make this work so I can leave the firewall on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
I have the system firewall turned on and I found out this AM that the firewall is blocking Fetch from connecting to some web server's that I use. I turned firewall off and all worked fine. I checked FTP and turned the FW back on but it's still getting blocked. How can I make this work so I can leave the firewall on?

Is this the OS X firewall or the router's?

You probably just need to open some ports or switch your port number, but I find this odd because I use the standard OS X firewall and also use Fetch and don't have this issue. Is it a standard function you're doing?

http://www.u.arizona.edu/consult/macx-fetch.html

http://www.fetchsoftworks.com/FetchWebHelp/Contents/Preferences/ProxyPreferences.html

Reaction score
Any ideas on why fetch uploads pretty darn slow? On my pc using WS FTP it uploads much faster than on here when it comes to larger files.

I didnt want to make a whole new topic on this, so I tried to find one that met my needs.... Thanks guys.

OP
E
Reaction score
Any ideas on why fetch uploads pretty darn slow? On my pc using WS FTP it uploads much faster than on here when it comes to larger files.

I didnt want to make a whole new topic on this, so I tried to find one that met my needs.... Thanks guys.

If the server is under heavy stress, it could take longer to upload. Who do you host with? Also sometimes hosting companies put limits on FTP so it only uploads/downloads are certain speeds.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Reaction score
I do understand limited upload and download speeds.

However, it is always faster on my pc to upload files than on my mac.

Is there some other software I can use other than Fetch?

OP
E
Reaction score

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.