linking my decks to my imac?

Reaction score
Hi there, I have recently bought an imac and have my decks linked into it via the mixer. At the moment I can record my mixes using a simple app i found and also play itunes through my third channel (headphone to red and white). I was wondering if anyone could reccomend and more appropriate programs? Basically wanna mix and record it but also mix my mp3s with the decks. thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
I have a software recommendation for mixing MP3s - if you've not tried it then I strongly recommend the free app Djay.

I'm not a DJ so I've only played with it - but it does seem pretty clever, it lets you mix music from your iTunes library and as said earlier - it's completely free!

It takes full advantage of Apple's latest audio and graphics technologies, and runs natively on both Intel and PowerPC processors. It supports all common file formats, such as mp3, aiff, wav, aac, caf. With djay you can control and mix your whole digital music collection with two realistic virtual, interactive turntables and both record and transmit the audio in real-time over the Bonjour network to other connected djays.
From Mac Music

EDIT:

The top features include:

• Real-time audio mix transmission over Bonjour network
• Real-time audio mix recording
• iTunes Integration
• Automatic artwork image loading on both turntables
• customizable vinyl
• Forward spinning
• Time-Stretching
• Pitch-Shifting with amazing blend effect
• 5 band Equalizer
• Audio Unit Effects Support
• Pre-Cueing (requires multichannel sound card)
• Crossfade automation
• Manual Beat Counting
• Magnetic tempo slider for precise beat matching
• Cue points for beat-juggling
• Full control with keyboard shortcuts
• GarageBand instruments integration via network
• AppleScriptability for mixing automation

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
It's expensive, but serrato scratch live will let you use files on your computer and control them with a set of turn tables with time coded vinyl records. That way, you can scratch and mix what ever is on your hard drive.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.