Automatically playing DVD's with front row?

Reaction score
I'd like front row to launch whenever I insert a DVD movie, however under the CD's and DVD's preferences, I can't point to 'front row' under what action I'd like to take when inserting a DVD.

Anyone know how to have it so front row launches after inserting a DVD instead of apple + esc?

Thanks

Reaction score
Do you have the little remote control that came with your Mac? Just use that to launch FrontRow

OP
R
Reaction score
I do, but I'm a man of convenience ;)

...or lazy, haven't decided which.

GWR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac C2D - PB G4 - iBook G4 - iMac G3 DV SE
Front Row doesn't technically play the DVDs, it's still DVD player down there doing the work. Same with iTunes and music CDs.
Front Row just gives a different GUI to view them through.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Or you could get create and write a little applescript to launch frontrow for you...

It probably wouldn't have to be that complicated either... then just choose the 'applescript' option to be used when you insert a DVD.

Luckily for you, I went out and googled it... of course somebody has done this first :)

tell application "System Events"
tell application "Front Row" to activate
key code 53 using {command down}
delay 0.5
key code 53
end tell

More info in this thread:

http://www.123macmini.com/forums/vi...&start=0&sid=3022c45ca0e6e80904f768ebe5349f6d

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.