• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

plz help me out guys?

D

doubledvideo

First off this site rocks...
Send off i'll never go back to a Windows PC piece of sh*t....recently i just installed a home wireless network in my house, with 2 Windows PC's and my lovely Mac, 3 hours of figuring out how to have the PC accept the signal from the wireless router (granted the pc is a win 98 and XP is prolly alot better)...but with my mac, i installed my airport card, and instantly it walked me through the setup and I was only in seconds. B-E-A-utiful!

but the reason im posting is...

I make movies and stuff on FCP3, and now I want to make a nice DVD Case label for my dvd's like the oncs you would see in the store when you buy a dvd...*not the sticky label u up on the CD/DVD* but the label that goes on the inside the clear plastic that goes around the (usually black in color) DVD case...

I just bought Photoshop CS and i am new to photoshops and am just getting used to it...but if anyone makes DVD labels what program do you guys use...and is there a template, or something that is already preset with the size, so i can just import pictures and put in some text and print it out? or should I just mess around some more with PH CS and try to figure it out...

ur comments plz! thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
You might find something helpful here -hope it helps :)

OP
W

WilliS

i would find out the dementions of the case, that the page would sit in, once you print it out and such...then from there, you can make a blank photoshop image... start off with a black background, and start putting stuff on it.

photoshop is a fun program to learn... im still a noob at it, but i do stuff like making sig's for my online forums...as you can see below, i took the image that was on the girls back, removed it, replaced the color on her back where the image once was, then took the apple logo, put it over her back, made it lighter so you could see her skin tone through it, then shaded it a bit to try to make it look natural.... if you glance at it, it almost looks like the apple was painted on her back... but upon closer inspection, its just the work of a noob ;) me... lol

if you have any questions on photoshop, i might be able to help you out, PM me, or post a question...im not a graphic designer, but i do know the program a little bit...

good luck, photoshop is fun... and expencive...so you will want to get your money out of it...so learn it! and love it!

OP
D

doubledvideo

that website didn't help but thanks anyways, it was for a jewel case, not a dvd case.

photoshop is sooo confusing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.6 ghz G5, Dual Monitors / 17" PowerBook 1.33 / 12" iBook
doubledvideo said:
photoshop is sooo confusing.

PS has a steep learning curve. I suggest using the tutorials that came with it. They are great for getting you up to speed on the basics and include some pretty advanced stuff too.

Jerry

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.