Do I have a Glossy or Matte?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 15 inch, 2.3 C2D
I just have to say, I bought a 15 inch MBP C2D, 2.33 GHz, 2 GB RAM in January, and really see why the difference between Macs and PCs --

Honestly I find myself touching PCs rarely -- how strange, and I have never had experience in using a Mac before, it really is easy, that is after a shorth readjustment period from Windows when I found the Mac incomprehensible, but that passed after a week.

Its a joy, and not to drag the point, I really dont know if i have a glossy or matte screen -- pretty weird huh?

The screen is really vivid and colors crisp and clear, i checked the About Mac and documentation coming in the box ,,, but really am not asure, ,how can i conclusively be sure of wat i have.

I had it shipped from Dubai to Libya, so long journey and clueless about wat kinda screen i have -- but happy with it all the same !

Reaction score
Glossy Screen, have a glare/shiny feeling. While Matte have a more rough, none shiny look.

Check out this page, I'm positive you'll find out which kind you have.

Based on what you said, It looks to be a Glossy, But I have no idea since I have a Matte Macbook Pro. Just check out that page.

Good Luck

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP, 15 inch, 2.3 C2D
Thanks for the tip --

Based on that, I'm sure mine is a Matte screen and NOT Glossy !

Alright with me ! Its beautiful .. and i know from experience with PC laptops glossy screens make dust and grease more apparent !

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
If you could post a pic of the screen I'm sure we could help you distinguish it better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
If you have matte, then you have the best, most versatile screen. Not to mention the most accurate colors!

Enjoy your new Mac!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.