• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Final Cut Studio 2

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
So apple realized final cut studio 2.. so who is going to get it?

i am going to get it the second is available in stores!

Reaction score
I almost drooled when I saw that pop up when I got on apple.com today. Once I save up and get an HD camera I'm going for Final Cut 2.

Reaction score
I was on the Apple site yesterday and was about to pull the trigger on FCS but I couldn't get my Education discount to work. I wake up today and hello FCS2. Very lucky.

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I was on the Apple site yesterday and was about to pull the trigger on FCS but I couldn't get my Education discount to work. I wake up today and hello FCS2. Very lucky.

yes you are, i am probably going to pre-order it tomorrow

color looks amazing by itself and I would be willing to drop that much money on color alone, but getting upgrade to motion, soundtrack and final cut is like getting those for free when you buy color. I am so excited.

Reaction score
Check out the requirements for Color! Wow, my 15" macbook pro won't be running it. My biggest hope overall is that FCS2 will run at least as fast as the previous version. I allways feel that when Apple starts adding features the program gets slower. I should be able to run Final Cut 6 as well on my G4 400mhz as Final Cut 3 for DV editing, but I wounder if it will even install.

I don't use Motion or Soundtrack much so the improvements won't be alot. I'm also going to wait untill I go HD and get a bigger hardrive for my laptop.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Look like that will the last item I get with my wife education discount.

Reaction score
do you know if I get the upgrade price if I have the educational version of final cut studio?

From Mac's website: The upgrade version requires a valid serial number from a commercial version of Final Cut Studio, Production Suite, or Final Cut Pro 1, 2, 3, or 4. Academic and not-for-resale versions are not eligible for this upgrade.

Reaction score
Does this mean that Final Cut Express is upgraded to the newer version?

OP
PowerBookG4
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Check out the requirements for Color! Wow, my 15" macbook pro won't be running it. My biggest hope overall is that FCS2 will run at least as fast as the previous version. I allways feel that when Apple starts adding features the program gets slower. I should be able to run Final Cut 6 as well on my G4 400mhz as Final Cut 3 for DV editing, but I wounder if it will even install.

I don't use Motion or Soundtrack much so the improvements won't be alot. I'm also going to wait untill I go HD and get a bigger hardrive for my laptop.

yeah I checked the requirements, I was quite surprised at them actually, but I still exceed all the requirements needed so I am quite happy. I can't imagine why it REQUIRES dual monitors, I just like it for connivence in some applications dual screen editing is great, I will wait to see what feature requires this though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.