My mouse on my ibook G4 is going crazy!

Reaction score
How can I stop my mouse from going out of control? If anyone knows, please let me know. Thank you so much!! Big D:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
What kind of mouse are you using, and what are you using it on?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i think he means his track pad....and sometimes the trackpads on the ibooks get a little crazy, and all u need to do is wipe it vigorously with a cloth for a few seconds

OP
B
Reaction score
Crazy mOuSe

Thank you both so much for your help. I did mean a track pad on my ibook G4, and I tried to wipe it down vigorously, but it didn't fix the problem. It seems to go wherever it wants to, darting up and down. Right now I have plugged in an external mouse, and that seems to be working fine.
Any more suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again!
Denise AKA big d

pod

Reaction score
Check/change the settings in System Preferences > keyboard and mouse > trackpad...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
have u tried retsarting? and using a cleaning solution like iKlear...usually the problem results from a peice of dust or dirt getting caught in there

OP
B
Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks for the info, I have tried all of that, including cleaning my trackpad.
The usb mouse is working fine. Does that help?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.