Locked threads

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
When threads are locked, a quick post to indicate why would be nice. I've seen some that are locked for no obvious reason. , This is the only forum I've seen where the reason isn't given.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Can you please link to an example. 99% of the time there should be an explanation if the reason isn't completely obvious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
There have been a few, but not many. If you were quick enough you would have caught IceCreamMans tearful farewell as locked with no reason right before it was removed.

DB locked the "I respect Bill Gates" thread without a direct explanation per-se but I think we all knew it had outlived it's usefulness so that is not an issue IMHO. The MJ thread was closed and the forum rules were cited though, also by DB.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There have been a few, but not many. If you were quick enough you would have caught IceCreamMans tearful farewell as locked with no reason right before it was removed.
That one was locked because it was clearly posted in the previous thread that any new threads created in relation to it would not be tolerated.
Ultimately, I removed both threads as neither one really had a place on these forums.

As schweb and baggss have pointed out, when threads are closed, reasons are given with the rare exception of the blatant and obvious disregard for Forum Rules. Even then, a reason or explanation is given most times.
If a thread has spiraled into 5+ pages of round and round debate with no new information or outcome, then it is fairly obvious why it would have been closed.

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Fair enough. I hadn't noticed the ones with explanations, so I assumed you were all rude! :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
That one was locked because it was clearly posted in the previous thread that any new threads created in relation to it would not be tolerated.
Ultimately, I removed both threads as neither one really had a place on these forums.

That one was, I think, clearly understood. No explanation was needed as it was simply removed.

OP
knightlie
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
To be honest I don't read every forum, let alone every thread, so I'd have missed all of that. I should pay more attention.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.