Catalog B-tree // keys out of order

J

jaskah

hello list
i have a 2003 g4 powerbook running osx panther 10.3.3. i have had to re-install osx numerous times. after short periods of usage (a few hours, maybe a week) the machine starts to crash and when i run the disk repair utility (or in single user mode in the console with /sbin/fsck -f) i get the message
«keys out of order»
i am not running any special hardware or software. in fact, today i re-installed os x, only installed logic (an audio application–owned by macintosh now, by the way) and within hours i had the above problem.
i've already sent the machine into apple for repairs. they swapped the logic board. but still the same problem prevails.
can anyone shed some light on this? what could possibly be the problem here?
thanks in advance for any help.
best regards
jaskah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
It's worth a try: repair permissions. After every software update, and about every 2 weeks: close all apps and log totally off. Log on, go in Finder, Applications. Utilities, Disk Utility. After the message -getting disk information- select volume (below the hard drive name -upper left corner). Just highlight it. Now look to the lower two things are there near the middle, verify permissions, repair permissions. Click repair permissions

OP
J

jaskah

thanks for your reply.
unfortunately, disk utility doesn't help. i know about repair permissions after upates and new installs.
on my machine osx is totally shakey.
any other suggestions?
thanks
jaskah

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.