• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Well, so long everybody...

Reaction score
You been to Manteca CrossBones? I like the city where I live a bit more. Sacramento will be pretty nice though. You are right on the heat but right now in the area it's not that hot as yet. She might get lucky!
Ummm...yeah I've been to all those lousy town in the valley many times --- Fresno, Los Banos, Modesto, Bakersfield (ugh) on and on. Sacramento? Well it's OK but it's so hot it's almost unbearable in the summer. Manteca? I put that in the same cateory as the valley towns...well brother it's just nondescript. I'm just a big city boy is all. No disrespect meant to anybody who lives there just not my cup of tea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Have a good trip! My gf's going down to Miami this weekend for a week or so, but her and her parents are driving down through a whole bunch of states on the east coast and back up again.

I'm jealous in a way, but I'm going for a 3-day shindig with a few old high-school buddies of mine in Toronto, so hopefully I'll have a good weekend too.

OP
Carol247
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 20" 216 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 1GBSDRAM, 250 GB hd, Airport Extreme, Bluetooth 2.0
Thanks to all of you for your kind words. Ain't "Cyber-Love" awesome? :D

You all are right about Manteca, not the perfect vacation spot, but what can I say, we have family there. :(

Well, Mr. Mac gets a little R&R. This is it, I'm shutting him down. See ya all in 2 week.

Hold the fort!

(ToddG, MaDDog, keep the 5 letter game going. :girl: )

Reaction score
Have a safe and fun trip, Carol. If you get a chance to stop by Cuppertino, tell Steve to get his butt in gear with Leopard, will ya? :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
every mac needs a little time off ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.