One to Two

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ coreduo 1G RAM
I've been considering upgrading from one to two gigs of RAM. I already read a post where a guy went from 512 to 1, and in it someone said that 1 to 2 does not make a significant change. I was hoping someone could confirm or even tell that it will make my mac wicked awesome. I'm not about to spend 350 bones so nothing will run faster. I have iStat pro and the memory is always pushed to brim. thanks.

Reaction score
where are you buying your memory from? 350 dollars (USD) for 2 gigs of ram is too much money to be spending

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook (white), Core Duo 2 ghz, 2 GB RAM
I upgraded to 2 GB and it makes a HUGE difference. The best test for the RAM was the other day I mistakenly opened about 100 or more files at once by accidentally selecting all the files in one Finder folder. The files were in 3 different apps including NeoOffice which is a hog, and Preview, Firefox and Mail were all open too. Even though all these files were opening at once nothing crashed :ninja:

OP
TigerTooth
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0GHZ coreduo 1G RAM
Good ol mac

where are you buying your memory from? 350 dollars (USD) for 2 gigs of ram is too much money to be spending

That is the price from Apple.com

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.0ghz coeduo 1GB RAM 80 GB HD SuperDrive
newegg.com or cruicial.com are way better places to buy RAM from than apple.com

Reaction score
If you pre-order your Mac and upgrade the RAM "on-the-production-line" as they say, apple.com's RAM prices are competetive.

It's when you decide post-purchase of your Mac that you need to upgrade your RAM that apple.com hit you very hard in the wallet.

So, to be fair to Apple, they do offer competetive prices but are rather inflexible about it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.