Magic Eraser vs. Macbook (Black)

Reaction score
Hey guys...i just bought myself a "Magic Eraser Original" because i saw that it was recommended from other websites. However, i couldnt help the fact that there were some people who recommended not to use it because its a sponge and might scrap away the mac finish matte.

Please advise me ASAP. Thank you everyone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 ghz 2gb iMac 20" C2D 2GB 256MB Graphics Macbook C2D 2GB Powermac G4 Dual 450
i dont think it would do any harm... just be carful
you might also want to try iKlear it works great

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPhone X, Watch 3, '18 MBP w/touchbar, '17 iPad Pro 10.5
Don't use it on the outside. The magic eraser is lsightly abrasive. The isnisde of a white macboo is pretty similiar aterial as the inside of the white, and the eraser works just fine on the white one. Try a small out-of-sight area first, maybe up by the screen and see if it damages the finish. That way the area is semi-unnoticable if it does in fact damage the finish.

Reaction score
I have actually used a magic eraser on my white Macbook to get rid of a large sharpie mark. It works great and gets it off, but with very minuscule marks left behind, because yes, it is slightly abrasive. I would say they look like really light scuffs, but that wasn't a problem for me as there were already a few scratches before.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
I use it all the time on my black macbook. It doesn't leave any marks or anything. All it does is leave my macbook looking brand new ;)

Reaction score
Yah, the light scuffs on mine are from me rubbing pretty hard to get the sharpie off, but it should be fine for your purpose.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.