A scanner or SCSI port problem?

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I have an Imacon scanner (www.imacon.dk, now part of www.hasselblad.com).
A few weeks ago, my scanner began to deliver some deteriorated images.

As you can see by the attachments, all imagens come out with misaligned stripes, bad enough to distort everything.

The failures don't happen always in the same place (have done twice the same slide).

As the scanner was reviewd this week for any misaligned CCD's, is it possible there is a problem with the Mac G4 controling the device?

Is it possible to have a problem in the SCSI port or cable?

Also, anda as NOT before this problem started, the G4 is taking longer to produce the file; the scanner ends its work and we still have a work under progress for about a minute...

Thanks in advance,

Dario Silva.
www.geofotografia.pt

s01.jpg

s02.jpg

s03.jpg

Reaction score
I've forgotten all the SCSI voodoo. Is the scanner the only peripheral or is there a chain of them?

Reaction score
This won't be of much help, but it might provide a hint.

Searching the web turned up hardly anything. But I came across this on a Hasselblad site. But the quote refers to a Firewire scanner.
Horizontal anomalies to the scan are normally related to communication problems between the scanner and your computer.
If you are connected via FireWire then try another cable.
If you are scanning over a network, it is unlikely that the network will be able to keep up with the speed of the scanner. We would therefore advise scanning direct to a hard drive and then copying the complete file over the network.
On the same page is this:
When should I replace the light tubes

Depending on use the light tube has a life expectancy of about 6 - 12 months. Replace the tube when scan quality and shadow detail start to degrade.
Not much help, I know.

Does the bending occur in the same part of the scanned image if the original is scanned upside down, or does it occur in another spot in the upside-down scanned image but in the identical place relative to the scanner?

OP
D
Reaction score
Hi!

Thanks for the concern;

The errors on the images do NOT appear always on the same spot although it seems to be a pattern: when there is a contrast area, it is likely to have a fault there.

But sometimes, a few lines of spoiled image appear across the whole picture. Not in a repetitive way.

I think I'll replace my scsi port and cable...

Dario Silva.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.