external usb hub and upgraded harddrive

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a 2 part question, for my Macbook.

1) Since I only have 2 usb ports on my macbook, I've been running into situations when I have to unplug things to plug in other things. Does apple make a external usb hub? or can anyone recommend one. I like an additional few ports.

2) If I want to upgrade my harddrive, do I go with S-ATA or ATA, and is it hard to do by yourself? What is the largest size I can get? Thanks all

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
1) I like Belkin's 7-port USB hub... you can never have enough ports IMO and it feels really solid (unlike my cheapo 4-port hub that stopped working after a few months).

2) SATA - really easy to upgrade on the Macbook (non pro), remove battery, remove 2 screws and you're more or less done.
Size is limited by your wallet only, I think the largest 2,5" drives currently max out at around 200GB.

OP
V
Reaction score
sweet thanks for the info, wheres a good place to go to buy the 200gb sata drive?

OP
V
Reaction score
oh ya i see in your profile that your using the 206bw with ur macbook? hows that working out. I wanted a external for awhile now and is considering that one for the good ratios.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
It's great - probably the best computer related investment I've ever made (well, besides the Macbook itself).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.