• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

2 Fast 2 Furious

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I just saw it and it really rocks! And it's set in my home town too :cool:

T

TylerMoney

Can't say I enjoyed the first one, so I don't think I'll see the second..at least not pay money for it...but a lot of people enjoyed it...i just couldn't get into the cars...they seemed too cheesey for me....when I think about racing cars...those rediculous stickers....and terrible body kits just don't make me happy....

I don't mind some body kits...but only ones that actually enhance the performance of the vehicle...and absolutely no flame stickers.....lowering the car is good...suspension......

my roommate is getting a 1988 mazda r-x7 fc turbo....it's going to tear up the streets.....I can't wait til he brings it back.....

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I kinda agree - I saw the first one free and I'm glad of that but the second is a lot better! and it's on cable now

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Has anyone seen Mars Attacks? Really funny!

T

TylerMoney

Yes, yes I have. Great movie...isn't it a Tim Burton film? I'm pretty sure it is.

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
TylerMoney said:
Yes, yes I have. Great movie...isn't it a Tim Burton film? I'm pretty sure it is.
Yeah it sure is :)

U

Uni

i recon there both really cheesy in the acting department. Brian oconnor thinks hes black!!!

i LOVE the cars tho... minus those crappy stickers of course

Uni/.

N

nicholas

Come on, you guys can't deny how cool it was when Walker and Tyrese's cars (I think it was a Lan Evo and a Mitsubishi Eclipse) raced to the docks against a Z06 Vette, M5, 69 Ram Charger, and I forget the other two.

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I think Walkers is a Nissan Skyline, which is only available by special deal in the US

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 and R34 is available worldwide for importation from Japan, but there is a different version available to the US, some slight modifications to make the car street legal because it's imported, not exactly sure why it has to be modified. Walker's car is the R34 if anybody was wondering.

N

nicholas

Ahh, thanks for the clarification guys. The Skyline is essentially the equivalent of the Infinity G35. 280hp, same chassis, similar frame and design, etc. I think to import a Skyline to the US, fully loaded that is, it runs about $80K. Which is about the price of a G35 AND a Corvette Z06. Or an M5. I'd go with the M5.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
citystar2k said:
Nissan Skyline GT-R R33 and R34 is available worldwide for importation from Japan, but there is a different version available to the US, some slight modifications to make the car street legal because it's imported, not exactly sure why it has to be modified. Walker's car is the R34 if anybody was wondering.

Actually it could be the R33, can't be too sure.

U

Uni

its an R34. You can tell by the more rounded nose and headlights.

The two cars they race to the docks in are an Evo7 and a Mitsubishi FTO GPX Convertible (very rare).

Oh and i'm not sure bout the US, but in australia, the Skyline can be imported just the same as any other car from Japan. The modifications u speak of include changing it to LHD, and any other changes that need to be made in order to make it registerable (must conform with US Design Rules).

Uni/.

OP
witeshark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Uni said:
its an R34. You can tell by the more rounded nose and headlights.

The two cars they race to the docks in are an Evo7 and a Mitsubishi FTO GPX Convertible (very rare).

Oh and i'm not sure bout the US, but in australia, the Skyline can be imported just the same as any other car from Japan. The modifications u speak of include changing it to LHD, and any other changes that need to be made in order to make it registerable (must conform with US Design Rules).

Uni/.
This is true, and as far as I know, true only of the US

S

StealthMode

Yes, aren't we unique :p 2F2F was pretty good, the first 15 minutes of really bad acting was...really bad, the race was kinda cool, but dam, it was so cheesy! But the rest was a lot better. I still like the first one, I just like fast cars, or at least, if they look like they are going fast :p

Stealth -

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.