my mac is toast!!!!

Reaction score
grrr im realllllly disgusted with the mac. i go to turn it on today and the screen is black the caps light and the num lock came on and dimmed and got bright and then it died and smelled liike toast electronics, anyone have an idea? i just got this thing like 2 weeks ago. mac isnt making a very good ifisrt impression....

btw its a G3 600mhz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Your laptop is over five years old. It's probably experiencing some sort of hardware failure.

Occasionally that happens to electronic equipment as it ages.

If you have the hardware test CD, I'd run the diagnostics. Otherwise, I'd take it to a shop.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
Did anything get spilled on it? Try this:

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=14449

If that doesn't work(which I don't think it will)buy a computer new or with a warranty. And because you dared to slander the one true OS, you can't blame apple for your crappy used ibook going belly up. If you want to have that attitude head back to windows. Clearly you're not ready to commit.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
You did well....I got 6 hours out the first Mac Book Pro......doa so Apple replaced for nix.....now just cruising along very nicely thank you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.