15" g4 aluminum doesn't turn off after battery runs out

Reaction score
so i've noticed a few times when my battery runs out that it doesn't turn on anymore. the light on the latch button fades in and out, indicating that it's on standby or something. so i plug the power source to the powerbook but it still won't turn on. the battery is charging at this time though. the powerbook only turns on after the battery gets charged one entire bar.

is this normal? or what's wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Doesn't seem right to me. It should always come on when plugged in despite the battery power level. Maybe it's different with Powerbooks, I have an MBP, but every laptop I've ever owned worked like that.

Reaction score
If anybody has an answer to this, I'd like to know. I have the same problem. The first time it happened it only came back on after being charged for the whole night. I'm still waiting for it to come back on this time.

Reaction score
I do know that with my mom's old nokia-phone, it wil only turn on after it's been on the charger for a while when it has been totally empty.
Maybe that's the case?
Can you try the following: Start it up when there's no battery inside. A normal laptop should be able to start up on powerplug-power only.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.