• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What did you learn this week? (w.o. 4/9/07)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
:eek:Please post two of the most important things you learned this work week. One mac-forum related, one real-world.

:bone:This week I learned in mac-forums that command-shift-4 then space-bar lets you take pics of windows. Hot tip!! I knew all about the screen grab functions... all but the space bar trick. Love it.

:bomb:In real life I learned that I was wrong in thinking that giving in is weakness. Sometimes its a happier road to not give a care and go with the flow. Getting your way for the sake of winning... doesn't reward you with anything.

So, whatcha got?!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air | iPad | iPhone | iPod Classic | iPod Shuffle | no more money
From Mac-Forums I learned that you can use Finder as a simple FTP client (thanks D3v1L80Y)

From the real-world (not sure if this counts) I purchased my first item from the iTunes Store and learned that you have to authorize your computer in order for the content to work (or in my case I had to authorize the computer so that the iPod game would by synced to my iPod - I hadn't realised this - purchased my new game - synced my iPod then went out expecting to be able to play my new game).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
I bought some more RAM and I've learnt that I can't trust my local CompUSA for supplies (meaning certain things). I bought it online, but I could not pick up at the store. So, I ended up paying a shipment for no good reason.

The other thing I've learnt was how to make a pair of earrings and a neckless of my own creation.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
i built a VM server at work for the first time.

i almost learned how to play koi-koi, but it still eludes me.

i learned that my son may have a little brother or sister before the year is out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" macbook C2D; 24" Imac, 8GB Iphone
i learned how to use dreamweaver to a higher level of capability :D
i.e layers etc

M

MacHeadCase

i learned that my son may have a little brother or sister before the year is out.

Whoah! Eric that is awesome news! Big congratulations are in order to you and your lady!

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
thanks. :)
it's a little early to be in baby mode, and i'm trying to not get too excited yet as it's only about a 6-8 weeks along. but yeah, i'm pretty happy and hopeful. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Congratulations! Please, tell you wife to take it easy during next nine months and you will do all the cooking, cleaning, laundry, yard work, shopping, etc. lol
Etc. means anything else she needs.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
she's actually still planning on walking in the breast cancer 3-day in a few months. so i don't know how easy she's going to be taking it. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
I realised that not everyone using a Mac is anti-Microsoft (I know it took me a while)....

In the Real World I learnt some more Web Design and Development stuff that I want to tweak with more, still a superb "newbie" at it all. Although it's more of a Hobby rather than something I take serious.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" 5k imac i7, 295x
i learnt that i can fix my printer by smashing it with a fist.

i lernt that i took all the wrong courses in highschool to do what i finaly decided to do, so now i have to take summer school, and go to ighschool an extra year. bah

Reaction score
I learned that I have to reboot my inner price-gouging gauge because if I don't buy gas at $1.02.9 a litre, it will go up to $1.04.9.

With my Mac, never burn Memorex DVDs, because then the Mac won't see them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I learned that I have to reboot my inner price-gouging gauge because if I don't buy gas at $1.02.9 a litre, it will go up to $1.04.9.

With my Mac, never burn Memorex DVDs, because then the Mac won't see them.

I am paying about $3.50 a gallon which means 87 cents a litre.
Also, I have a credit card that pays back 5% an all auto related purchases, including gas, repairs, accessories, etc. So, you pay more for gas if you go to all cash places vs. buying with this credit card.
What a country?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
I am paying $1.34 per litre today.....not happy

This week I learned that I need to trust my employees because they get angry if I check up on them.....I also learned that I need to check their work before they take presentations to meetings.

I also learned that I have more friends than I thought.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
I am paying about $3.50 a gallon which means 87 cents a litre.
Also, I have a credit card that pays back 5% an all auto related purchases, including gas, repairs, accessories, etc. So, you pay more for gas if you go to all cash places vs. buying with this credit card.
What a country?

that 5% won't make up for the inflation on all other products from gas prices going up. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Eric...congrats on the impending possibility of again becoming a father.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macky the 21.5'' iMac 2.7ghz i5 8GB, Mr. Pink 64GB iPhone 6, iPad Jr. 16GB Air 2, 13'' MBAir 1.6Ghz

WooHooo eric!! I hope everything goes well.:D We're going to have to throw our 1st M-F baby shower...lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think the puzzled look on my avatar shows puzzlement over the happiness that you avatar exudes.

eric

Retired Staff
Reaction score
thanks Netty!

MaDDoG, i think your avatar is wondering where that crazy dog went. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.