How do I uninstall this **** thing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
I recently made the horrible mistake of installing Microsoft's Intellipoint mouse driver for my optical mouse. The driver was unstable and buggy, and made my mouse freak the **** out. So...I uninstalled it, or so I thought. After not finding a real uninstaller, I simply killed the process, erased all traces of the program via a search, and rebooted. Well everything is back to normal EXCEPT now my middle click button brings up a list of running apps! (same as command-tab). I don't want this because I like using the middle click to open websites in a new tab, in Safari.

Anybody have ANY idea how to uninstall this **** thing?

Reaction score
Did you get the kext in /System/Library/extensions?
I'm using USBOverdrive with my Logitech MX700 with no problems.
Make sure to get the latest version. Never did like Logitech's drivers for OS X, can't set buttons for different apps.

There should be an un-installer. Look in the Utilities folder.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I almost hate to say it cause some think I repeat so much, but things like that sometimes are worked out by repairing permissions

P

PowerbookG417

i have the microsoft wireless keyboard and optical mouse with the same drivers and i have no problems what so ever...have had it now for almost a year installed and no one issue...could be a conflict !

why worry apple is coming out with a new 2 button bluetooth mouse :)

OP
Osiris22x
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro, 13" MacBook Black, 15" iMac G4, 24" iMac (soon!)
witeshark said:
I almost hate to say it cause some think I repeat so much, but things like that sometimes are worked out by repairing permissions

No...repairing permissions didn't help, I had already tried that. :p

S

sanqi

PowerbookG417 said:
why worry apple is coming out with a new 2 button bluetooth mouse :)

really? how soon? umm... i guess you're being sarcastic =)

the microsoft bluetooth keyboard/mouse are really buggy...i have to take out batteries all the time to re-recognize the devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
I love the one button mouse, all the other stuff in easy on the keyboard :)

S

StarManta

OK, I need to get rid of the stupid MS drivers for my mouse too - it f***ed up the scroll wheel behavior and I really, REALLY hate it - the scroll wheel is now completely useless for large webpages, directories, or documents. How can I get my old scrolling back?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.