web cam settings...

sak

Reaction score
am a newbie , trying to learn my new macbook, this forum is been a lot of help, thanks u all.
my q's is , is there a way to change the web cam settings for chat?
like with external cam , u can zoom in and out , and change the light and aperture settings, how do we do with this built in , i cant find it .
any help wud be appreciated.
thanx
Sak

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook
most of the settings are automatic - focus, white balance, aperture etc. As far as I know, there's no proper zoom function for the built in iSight, or the external iSight. I just don't think it would be worth the parts for apple to make a webcam so small with a zoom function.

I noticed there are some more advanced webcam settings in aMSN (that's aMSN, not MSN), which actually give you a decent amount of control. Yahoo has some settings, but nothing really advanced - only image dimensions and also speed vs. quality I think. iChat is pretty much all automatic to my memory. I don't think skype has many settings either.

If you want a webcam with a zoom feature, I'd buy one that has that. Just be sure it'll work for mac - though, there are plenty of freeware drivers which allow most webcams to work for mac.

OP
S

sak

Reaction score
thanx

i appreciate ur answer:)
i been to many public forums and i hv never found ppl more helpful than this one:)
Regards

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.