• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

making a website

Reaction score
First of all I want to say I have bought my FIRST MAC ever 1 week ago. It has been the greatest purchase of my life. PC's are a joke....I will never go back.... Anyway enough wasting time and on to my question. I want to build websites for all the different web ideas that I have. I was using "Keynote" and created some really cool stuff in the slide show. Can I create something on there and publish that to one of the domains that I own?? Or do I need to use other software? I did notice that you could export the HTML but would that work? Any advice you can offer me would be great.. Please also post anyother website software that you think would work better for me. Oh.. also Im really creative but dont have much experience with HTML just keep that in mind.
Thanks for the help, and BOY im glad to be on a MAC forum now!!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Yes it would work. All you need and FTP App like Fetch or Transmit to upload to your server. Heck, you can even use iWeb and use your own server via an FTP App.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 933Mhz
iWeb easy for you to build your websites, but of course u have many more choices as you wellcome to Mac's world.I strongly recommend Goldfish 1.3 beta a html editor with powerfull features.Sandvox is another easy web site builder but there are less theme alternative.Rapidweaver have similar user interface with iWeb and easy to use.On the other hand Conceptdraw is a little bit complex but ok.Komodo is one step further for you but nice.In all these apps i mentioned u dont have to have html knowladge they are all drag-drop style.U can get its logic after u try some.And dont forget 'inspector' is your real guide:)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.