windows sharing. i cant see my iMac from windows machines.!!!

Reaction score
hi all,

i have an iMac and a home network set up with three PCs. i have windows sharing and file sharing enabled. using my iMac, i can see all the PCs and transfer files form them. when I go to the PCs, i cant find my iMac there.

Help please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
I'm never quite sure why some of these problems that people have happen, but one solution that always works is to use SharePoints to do your dirty work. It really is one of those applications that I wish Apple would just make part of the system. It makes things so easy and problem-free.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Do you have your firewall set to "Enable Stealth" mode? System Preferences -> Sharing -> Firewall -> Advanced

OP
I
Reaction score
cwa107
no stealth mode is disabled.

disceprator,
i will try you method. thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
I second SharePoints. I use it at work, where I created a Unix box to
backup shares on the network automagically. The mac has to run sharepoints in order to get backed up (and to only back up a certain directory).

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.