Password issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Just bought a Powermac G3 and an imac from a guy on craigslist and the imac was fine no password set. But now I've got an issue on the Powermac he seems to have set a password on the system but he can't remember what it is and is supposed to give me a call regarding it.

But the systems running Os X 10.3.9 if anyone has any information on how I could reset the password step by step please let me know as soon as possible.

Note: Can log on to the system just can't update anything or do admin tasks w/o password.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
NOTE: Moved to appropriate forum

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Please someone reply. I need to reset this password...

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
password

I already did a search and found that thread. But I don't have the disks. I'll continue to wait for a reply from the previous owner. But if anyone can tell me a way to do this without the discs it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for referring me to that thread anyhow "macheadcase."

M

MacHeadCase

Unfortunately, there is no getting around the need for the disks to reset the password.

OP
milessthomas
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you completely sure cause I really need to get that password the only os X disk I can get is my friends and its 10.4 I'm running 10.3. I know how to run the passwd utility w/ the disks. ....agh this really blows...

Thanks anyway MacHeadCase

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.