Help: Can't access my Network Hard Drive

Reaction score
Hey guys I am getting frustrated here :radioacti
I just bought a new MBP a week ago and I haven't been able to get it to connect to my network hard drive. I had a Mac Mini which the MBP replaced and I was able to connect and map the drive just fine. My PC desktop is currently able to connect to the NAS just fine as well too so I know the drive is working fine.
I know there is not IP conflict and I even changed the NAS drives IP just in case to be well out of my routers dynamic ip range.

Here is a screenshot of the error message I am getting while trying to click on the drive that MBP discovers in my network.

NAS_error.jpg

It just sits there like that and tries to connect. BTW "Storage" icon only shows up when the NAS drive is powered up and running, if I shut it down it goes off the detected devices list. So I know it's seeing it yet it can't connect it to it or something.

OP
S
Reaction score
Well I just got it working. I tried entering the IP followed by a "share name" and that worked for each of the shares on that drive. I dunno why this is working like that because on my old Mini I use to be able to just enter the IP and it would connect just fine. Well that only took me several days to figure out :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.