College student Discount ???

J

Joeytpg

Guys, i read here some where that you can get some sort of Discount at Apple if you are a college student??...can someone splay that to me?

i'm about to start a Master's in Spain and i could really use a Discount in my new Powerbook (i plan to buy it on august hopefully)

so anyone?...College student Discount?......what is it?...how can i get it?....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
There are some, like this - but how it helps in Spain I am not sure

OP
W

WilliS

go to apple's store section, on the side panel there is an educational discount... click on it and such.. then you enter in your school, and you will get a % off of the original price. i did this when i baught my G5.. i currently go to penn state, so i dropped the price from $4100 to like 3500.. i was very pleased

infact you can get a % off of everything in their store when you are logged in as a student.

im not sure if they check to see if you actually go there though lol...i havent been so bold as to lie :p but i cant see them actually varifying this info... because i baught it over the summer, before i actually attended PSU

OP
T

trenollet

The education discount is only availible when ordering from Apple's website or by purchasing at an Apple store. You can not get the discount thru vendors. Last time I checked, the discount was $100.00 for PowerBooks. Any accessories you purchase will usually be $10 off. My brother-in-law bought an iBook last year and saved about $200 total with his discount.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
Joeytpg said:
Guys, i read here some where that you can get some sort of Discount at Apple if you are a college student??...can someone splay that to me?

i'm about to start a Master's in Spain and i could really use a Discount in my new Powerbook (i plan to buy it on august hopefully)

so anyone?...College student Discount?......what is it?...how can i get it?....

I'm not sure if the US Apple store will allow you the discount (and the US Apple Education site won't help because it only lists US schools), but they most likely will give you the discount if you explain the situation. You can stop at a local Apple Retail store and ask, or call Apple (1-800-MY-APPLE). Otherwise, you can buy it once you're in Spain at the Apple Spain Education website.

OP
T

TylerMoney

If you enrol at the art institute, they have a site specifically built for art institute students.....we get about a 10% discount I think...and that's on everything....all you have to do is go to the site..it's pretty amazing..

Apparenlty the Art Institutes around the US are some of Apples biggest buyers...possibly the biggest.

OP
M

meanopause

TylerMoney said:
If you enrol at the art institute, they have a site specifically built for art institute students.....we get about a 10% discount I think...and that's on everything....all you have to do is go to the site..it's pretty amazing..

Apparenlty the Art Institutes around the US are some of Apples biggest buyers...possibly the biggest.

yea i belive it's saytek.com
or
aistudentstore.com

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Apple does check to see if you are a student.

OP
T

TylerMoney

yeah, it's saytek
and I didn't see any checking when I bought my iPod..I just went on the site, and bought...didn't have to enter anything special. I guess they could check an art institute list of some sort.

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
When you order on-line, they check see if you are a student when they verify the credit card. At the Apple brick and mortar store they check your student id.

OP
T

taxxman2k

I just got my powerbook last weekend, the powerbook g4 (atleast the 15" screen) was $200 off and the ibook was $100 off.

OP
N

nesuser2

If it's a really big issue, find somebody who is a student and have them order it. Not that many people are huge Mac fans and you're sure to find somebody that isn't going to use their 1 per year discount on an ibook or a powerbook. I know I sure wouldn't have any trouble finding a willing contestant. I would have more trouble finding the $$

OP
J

Joeytpg

taxxman2k said:
I just got my powerbook last weekend, the powerbook g4 (atleast the 15" screen) was $200 off and the ibook was $100 off.

$200 off??.....how ????

OP
N

nesuser2

I just checked mine. As a college student it gives a $200 discount for the powerbook 15".

OP
H

hardheart

I bought my G5 and 20" display at CompUSA and they did not check to see if I actually attended Purdue. Infact, I volunteered my student ID and they said no that they believed me. I got my 20" display for around 550 and my G5 tower was around 1850.

yep, love apple.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
wow 550 for a 20" is a steal

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.