powerbook wont turn on

Reaction score
i have a g4 powerbook that wont power on. i know it needs a new battery, but it runs fine (or did) on the power supply. it has a new hard drive recently put in, but now it wont turn on at all. any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerBook G4 17" The slow one!
You may have toasted the power supply. It is not made to run without a battery for long periods of time. Your battery may have just finally failed 100% then your power supply fried. If your plugged in and the supply is no longer getting hot or warm then that is what may have happend. If you need a new battery, a little hint (compusa stores all over the place are closing) they have really good deals now if you can get to one in time. And the power supply, you can get a new one from www.mac.com for 99.00 or you can get an aftermarket one from www.maccomputersupply.com Good luck!

Rob.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MACBOOK PRO
i have a g4 powerbook that wont power on. i know it needs a new battery, but it runs fine (or did) on the power supply. it has a new hard drive recently put in, but now it wont turn on at all. any ideas?

Hardluck dude... I knw it is hard findin Mac stuff and they are really over priced but dont we love them ?:D

OP
A
Reaction score
i have already purchased a new power supply

last night i purchased a new power supply. it is actually the macally you are speaking of. even with that, it wont power on. i tried resetting the PMU, but it did nothing. it wont power on at all.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.