I Hate Drm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMAC 24 inch screen, intell core 2 duo
I have been trying to find a way to remove DRM from my itunes movies and tv shows. If you know a mac usable way to remove DRM i would be happy if you would share. Thanks

M

MacHeadCase

I hate to break this to you but it's against forum rules to discuss this type of thing:

4 - Illegal Activity: We choose to follow United States law in regard to what is permissible to be discussed here. Therefore discussion of illegal file sharing, cracked programs, requests for serial numbers, and any other breaches of copyright or other illegal activity are not allowed in these forums.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.6GHz Core i7 15" MacBook Pro - 8GB DDR3 SDRAM - 750GB 7200 RPM HDD - GeForce 650M GT 1GB VRAM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Burn your music to a CD and reimport it. This is not illegal because Apple know about it and doesn't change it. Also if you listen to the EMI Apple press conference Steve Jobs out right says that people have always been able to do that and they're "chill" with it.

Apple doesn't mind if you take their iTunes songs and put them on a non-iPod MP3 player using this method, just don't do anything illegal with them (File sharing and such).

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Burn your music to a CD and reimport it. This is not illegal because Apple know about it and doesn't change it. Also if you listen to the EMI Apple press conference Steve Jobs out right says that people have always been able to do that and they're "chill" with it.

The OP seems to be talking the iTunes Movies and Shows which you can not remove the DRM in a Legal way making talk of it against the Forum rules. As you said though with the music you can just burn it to a CD. That does not seem to be illegal.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
The OP seems to be talking the iTunes Movies and Shows which you can not remove the DRM in a Legal way making talk of it against the Forum rules. As you said though with the music you can just burn it to a CD. That does not seem to be illegal.
Ah yes, thanks for that. Now that I re-read the OP's post I see this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.