just got my MacBook today!!!!

Reaction score
so just got my MacBook today and everything is great except when i install a program it dissapears every time when i reboot and i have to install it again......I am obviously doing something wrong like.....some help plzzzzzzz! lol

Reaction score
congrats to your book!

which program? only one specific or all you tried so far? Is it an installer or one of those you just drop into your apps folder?

OP
L
Reaction score
well i installed messenger successfully but programs like firefox, windows media player and vlc media player..all links from the apple site....the files i downloaded were dmg files so and then wen i click on them they bring up the progam on like a wee usbstick logo thingy which u click on to load progam and when i reboot they are gone!!

Reaction score
dmgs are like virtual drives or an image file. if you download and mount them you see it like a drive in your finder (with an eject sign behind the name). click on it and you see the content: the actual application. you have to drag it into your applications folder, unmount the downloaded image/drive and delete the sources (probably stored on your desktop). then you go to your applications (Finder) and start the application you just dropped into that folder (e.g. the vlc). that one will still be there after you reboot. the dmg is just mounted and will be unmounted after you reboot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.