Mac Mini Question and New to forum

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm new here and im enjoying this forum already. I'm looking at getting a New Mac Mini for my fiance. I'm looking for a wireless usb adapter for this unit. Can anyone guide me along to where I might find one or if it exists? Any help would be appreciated. I thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Welcome to the forum.

I don't have an answer to your question. But what is it that you want to be able to hook up to the computer? You do know that they have built-in buetooth, correct?

-Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
I believe all Macs now have a built in wireless card so you shouldn't need a USB adapter. Plus, those are really slow and a POS.
Bryan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
All current macs, other than the Mac Pro have wireless built in. With the Mac Pro having the option of it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The Mac Minis have always had built in Airport, so you shouldn't have to worry about buying one separately

I believe all Macs now have a built in wireless card so you shouldn't need a USB adapter. Plus, those are really slow and a POS.
Bryan

That's definitely not true. I have several USB Wi-Fi adapters and they all work like a charm. Much better than PCI cards, which have always been a pain for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
The Mac Minis have always had built in Airport, so you shouldn't have to worry about buying one separately
1.25GHz G4 minis came with Airport and Bluetooth as a built to order option. many of the ones floating around do not have these features.

-Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
Are the minis really POS? I was really looking forward to getting one for her. All she really uses it for is internet: email....and looking up stuff on google. Nothing major...please let me here your thoughts

Reaction score
Are the minis really POS? I was really looking forward to getting one for her. All she really uses it for is internet: email....and looking up stuff on google. Nothing major...please let me here your thoughts
I think bryphotoguy means the USB adapter is slow, not the computer.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 1.83, iBook G3 800, iMac G3 233, Mac Classic, Apple IIc. And too many PC's to count.

No, the Mini's are great computers. the USB wireless adaptors are POS.

EDIT: Dang, beaten to it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Quad 2.8GHz Mac Pro, Edge iPhone
Yea, I meant the USB adapter. I tried a few on an iBook and had no luck.
The Mac Mini, I've never used. I would think they're really nice. My cousin is always raving about the new one they use at work.
Bryan

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE

No, not in the least. My AMD 64 3200 plus chokes trying to play 1080p HD while the 1.66 Core Duo Mini is smooth as can be. All the Intel minis have Wireless and Bluetooth. Only the old G4 Minis were optional.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.