I have a Ibook g3 need info on where is..

Reaction score
I have a Ibook g3. I dropped it and the LCD hinges broke and the backlight. Im going to put the mac behind my plasma and connect it to the plasma since it works with a external monitor. Im also going to use a wireless keyboard. Now I took out the lcd and cut the wires. My question is, on the lcd, are there any wire for the wireless? or im ok? Here are some pics maybe they can help on what im trying to ask.
4-1.jpg

3-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

OP
R
Reaction score
So I tried to connect to a wireless and it will not see it. Any help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook,2Ghz CD,1.5GBRAM,100GBHD,SL.PowerbookG4 12"1Ghz,768MbRAM,40GBHD,Leopard.imac G3 400Mhz,10.4
I do believe the antenna for the wireless is in the monitor. Oops!

Reaction score
the build-in antenna goes around the screen. I guess that explanes why it doesn't work anymore...

maybe check at www.ifixit.com they have instructions how to install and upgrade stuff on macs/iPods/... You might find something where to connect the antenna. Otherwise get a new antenna and connect it directly to the iBooks airport

Reaction score
Blogging about good deals on apple stuff. Come vi
If you're feeling adventurous, you can pop open the old monitor/lcd case, look for the wire that goes up and around the display and solder that back onto the identical looking cable that is coming out of the bottom half of the ibook. Otherwise, you'll have to take the bottom cases apart to rethread the ap antenna cable because I don't think there's really room for it to come out around the keyboard.

OP
R
Reaction score
Been busy with other things but I will be trying all you guys ideas and Ill let you guys know the outcome. Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Some homeowners insurance policies carry a rider that insures a laptop. Do you have one?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.