Vodafone 3g broadband

Reaction score
Hi all

I have just been converted from PC's!

I have just bought a MacBook and I have the requirement to use broadband anywhere and everywhere. I have used a Vodafone 3G PCI card which gives me full access to broadband. There is no PCI slot on my new machine - is it possible to use my 3G card using varies cables?

Many thanks

Phill the Bass

Reaction score
Nope.

Hi all

I have just been converted from PC's!

I have just bought a MacBook and I have the requirement to use broadband anywhere and everywhere. I have used a Vodafone 3G PCI card which gives me full access to broadband. There is no PCI slot on my new machine - is it possible to use my 3G card using varies cables?

Many thanks

Phill the Bass

OP
P
Reaction score
Ok - thanks for your extended answer. Is there a way to use broadband anyway - for example, in the middle of a field?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook
Use your phone as a modem? Other than that, one of the differences between the MB and the MBP is the express card slot on the latter. If you bought from the Apple Store and are still within your 14 day trial period, you might be allowed to pay the extra and trade up to a MBP.

HTH :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac Intel Core Duo 2 (Standard)
Yea but he still wouldn't be able to use his PC Card on the MacBook Pro though as it's a Express one, different connections...As far as I know anyway.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" CD iMac and black C2D MacBook
Doh! I might have gotten it wrong: I have neither a MBP nor a 3G card - I just thought that was one of the advantages of the MBP over the MB (which I have). Probably using a 3G phone as a modem would be the easiest solution?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.