Any Memory Brand?

D

DJenders

I'm looking to get a 1GB chip, possibly 2GB total in my Powerbook G4 1.25GHz ALUMINUM.

I haven't seen too much about different types. The Samsung RAM costs $500, but other brands go for about $300. Does the LOW POWER Samsung really mean anything? Or can I go to pricegrabber or pricewatch and get a SODIMM 2700 DDR from anyone?

I took a look at previous posts and haven't seen anything concerning that.

Thanks,
Dennis.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
Last brand I heard of non Apple (but compatible - here is more) was crucial In my case I think I'll ignore the price and just use Apple RAM

OP
D

DJenders

I was actually thinking Corsair, do you happen to have that installed in a Powerbook at all? Any problems?

Thanks much for the replies!
Dennis.

OP
T

TylerMoney

Yes, mine is installed in the powerbook..no problems at all...it's the 3rd party memmory I was told to get if I didn't want to have any problems...they told me not all 3rd party memmory works in macs...but if you get the nicer stuff, it works...and corsair defiently works.

OP
K

Kananigirl

Is Corsair cheaper than Crucial? I was on the Crucial site earlier looking at the RAM prices. I figure I'm buying my RAM elsewhere.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
From what I've been reading either Cosair or Crutial, and which is the better price seems to vary by the day or so ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.