Sunrise 1.0 Released! Fast, Fast, Fast Browser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20, Intel Dual Core 2.3GHz, 1Gb RAM, 256Mb Video; G4 tower 444Mhz w/ 1G RAM, 2x G3 towers
WOW!! i'm on DSL here and that thing runs like it's cable!! i'm on a Intel iMac and my bookmarks work fine, but if anything happens, I'll post it...

Reaction score
i got the bookmarks to work, idk how. but is there a way to make them just text, or hide unless i point the cursor to them or something, they take up so much room and i have a small screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
RONE, are you on an Intel Mac perhaps? I am on a PPC Mac - perhaps it doesn't work there?

I am on a MacBook Pro, intel core duo, OS 10.4.9.

I am also having the same problem. With the previous version the bookmarks worked fine - it automatically imported them from Safari (and even updated them everytime I made a change in Safari)

I can't get (figure out how to make) Sunrise import the bookmarks from Safari. Did Sunrise do it automatically for you?

Reaction score
I got bookmarks to work, im on an intel MBP with 10.4.9. Very fast browser, but when I type in an address for instance: www.mac-forums.com. it directs me to google search page and searches the address i typed. The only way I could get it to work was: http://www.mac-forums.com/. This is weird, because every other browser you can just type in: www......whatever the address is and you're on your way. Never needed the "http://" and then a "/" at the end. Is there a way to get by this feature or am I doing something wrong.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I got bookmarks to work, im on an intel MBP with 10.4.9. Very fast browser, but when I type in an address for instance: www.mac-forums.com. it directs me to google search page and searches the address i typed. The only way I could get it to work was: http://www.mac-forums.com/. This is weird, because every other browser you can just type in: www......whatever the address is and you're on your way. Never needed the "http://" and then a "/" at the end. Is there a way to get by this feature or am I doing something wrong.

I've just stared playing with that, and it's actually pretty cool. You don't have to type in the "www." or the ".com" with the website you are trying to get. Just type the name of the forum ("mac forum") and it brings up the google search. Everything I have tried has been the first link listed.

Reaction score
I can't get (figure out how to make) Sunrise import the bookmarks from Safari. Did Sunrise do it automatically for you?

No in the previous version I did nothing - it automatically imported the bookmarks and it continuously updated them as I changed them in Safari. In this new version I cannot get them to come up or work at all. I was trying on 10.3.9 but have now upgraded to 10.4.9 so will retry this weekend to see if it was the version.

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Yup, that was another anomaly I noticed. You have to type the http:// part of the address or it treats it as a search engine search. I am OK with this, since most of what I do to start web stuff is a google search. The bookmarks however is a show stopper - gotta have 'em or the browser is fundamentally unusable.

It appears that they work on Intel Macs but no on PPC Macs. Does ANYONE on a PPC Mac have bookmarks on Sunrise 1.0.1 working?

Reaction score
I've just stared playing with that, and it's actually pretty cool. You don't have to type in the "www." or the ".com" with the website you are trying to get. Just type the name of the forum ("mac forum") and it brings up the google search. Everything I have tried has been the first link listed.

So basically your web browser typing field is a search engine.....not sure if I like that. What if you know the website you want to go to exactly and just want to go there without having to go through a search engine THEN click on the web page from the search results you want? I've had 2 websites I go to often not come up on the search engine...ugh (without having to do the http:// business)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So basically your web browser typing field is a search engine.....not sure if I like that. What if you know the website you want to go to exactly and just want to go there without having to go through a search engine THEN click on the web page from the search results you want? I've had 2 websites I go to often not come up on the search engine...ugh (without having to do the http:// business)

If you go to them often, you should have them bookmarked? I don't know, I was just stating that for me the webpage search works pretty well because the time saved typing www. or .com is equaled out by clicking on the link.

Reaction score
i spose I could see that being kinda nice. I'll mess around with it and see how/if it grows on me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
I don't really like it.:(

The "Mac-ness" sort of lacks. Not unless they make it Aqua/Brushed Metal.. or provide a skin.. I won't mess with it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 AGP 400 MHz 1.34gb RAM
How do you transfer your AutoFill items from Safari? Does transfering Bookmarks work just like usual?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
How do you transfer your AutoFill items from Safari? Does transfering Bookmarks work just like usual?

No one (that I know of yet) has been able to transfer bookmarks with the new version. As for AutoFill, that is something else that I have not yet been able to figure out.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sunrise 1.0.6 has been released. It claims to have fixed the bookmarks issue on the PPC machines.

EDIT: Still no way to import bookmarks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.33GHz Intel C2D 2GB 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120GB SATA 2GB SDRAM
Definitely a quick browser. My problem with it is that you have to type the full address of the site you want to go to. If you just type www.aslgn.com in the address bar, you go to search results. You have to make sure you type in http:// before you type the rest in order to go to that site.

I do love how fast it is though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Definitely a quick browser. My problem with it is that you have to type the full address of the site you want to go to. If you just type www.aslgn.com in the address bar, you go to search results. You have to make sure you type in http:// before you type the rest in order to go to that site.

True, we discussed this on the previous page and I made mention that I like it better. You don't have to type www. or .com, and it almost always brings up the webpage I am looking for.

Reaction score
True, we discussed this on the previous page and I made mention that I like it better. You don't have to type www. or .com, and it almost always brings up the webpage I am looking for.

If it wasn't for that, I would switch completely from Safari. Any fixes, or ways to get around it?

OP
mac57
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Sunrise 1.0.6 Released - Fixes Bookmarks!

OK folks, it is here. Sunrise 1.0.6 has been released. It fixes the bookmarks bug for PPC machines. Now bookmarks work correctly.

SO FAR, everything I have tested works, which is great. Sunrise has HUGE promise, given it's amazing speed and its innovative (and now working!) visual bookmarks.

Give it a try and report back. If I find anything broken (or "borked" as is used in many other forums - I will leave it to your imagination to figure out which two words mated to produce the word "borked"! :dive:) I will post back!

BTW, I am posting this from Sunrise 1.0.6!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MBP Core2 Duo, 2.33MHZ, 160GB HD, 2GB RAM, ATI X1600 256 MB
Cool! Thanks for the heads up - looks great!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.