Mail/Entourage/AOL/Verizon

Reaction score
I had an AOL account for years. HATED every minute of it, but too many people had that email and just never wanted to bother switching email addresses. Finally did it. Went over to Verizon. Don't like that too much either. I have Entourage. Can someone help me with the setup procedure to run my verizon email through entourage? Not sure about all that POP and SMTP server stuff.

Reaction score
You will need your IP's POP3 and SMTP Accounts to configure Entourage. I had to do it today. I am a first time iMac user, learning as I go.

Rick

Reaction score
Personally I'd just go with Apple's "Mail"...

You'll still need to have the information from your host for SMTP etc. but might as well get rid of M$ from the jump.

I used Entourage for over 10 years and now I'm using "mail" and I like it better.

D R

Reaction score
You can find the information on Verizon's website for the incoming and outgoing server information. However, if it's the same setup as mine, the incoming pop information is "incoming.verizon.net" and the outgoing SMTP is "outgoing.verizon.net" You will also need to configure Entourage to log in before sending email. This is your user name and password that you created wtih Verizon.

http://netservices.verizon.net/portal/link/help/item&case=2372

Hopefully that will help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
Personally I'd just go with Apple's "Mail"...

You'll still need to have the information from your host for SMTP etc. but might as well get rid of M$ from the jump.

I used Entourage for over 10 years and now I'm using "mail" and I like it better.

I really like Entourage's project center - it's all a personal choice eh?

To the OP, somewhere on Verizon's mail website will be instructions for setting up SMTP and POP3 - although entourage can often do some of this work for you, via the wizard.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.