clean ?

Reaction score
hey im waiting for my black macbook and heard about the fingerprints showing up quite alot what can i use safely to get rid of these, and also what make of soft case is the best and where can i get one of these to the uk , cheers in advance, also where can i get cs3 student edition if its out yet?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13' Black MacBook Core Duo 1.25 GB Ram 80GB HD
Mr Clean Magic eraser. I don't care but someones probably goinged to get p.o'd that you didnt search first. ;)

OP
G
Reaction score
ye sorry

sorry about that im not a newbie to forums i usually do im just tired

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook black, Intel C2D 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 320GB WD Scorpio HD
I usually use damped cotton cloth.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24' 7 Snow Leopard + Parallels and Win 7 | 30 Gb iPod | Canon EOS 400D
Don'y touch it all and it will be fine. A micro fibre cloth should be enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
for soft cases search the apple store. got mine for my ibook off there.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, iPad, MacBook Pro.
hey im waiting for my black macbook and heard about the fingerprints showing up quite alot what can i use safely to get rid of these, and also what make of soft case is the best and where can i get one of these to the uk , cheers in advance, also where can i get cs3 student edition if its out yet?[/QUOTe

HiYa
Im from the UK and just use a damp cloth to clean washed out in water with a spot washing up liquid, and on the cover front I just got a cover from these people http://www.wrappers.typepad.com/ they do all types and as I dont like a proper Laptop case there soft covers are great, then you can carry your MacBook around in a normal rucksack....so much safer these days.
Hope this helps mate.
Chris

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
hey im waiting for my black macbook and heard about the fingerprints showing up quite alot what can i use safely to get rid of these, and also what make of soft case is the best and where can i get one of these to the uk , cheers in advance, also where can i get cs3 student edition if its out yet?

Well you can use microfibre cloth/cotton cloth with diluted mixture of dishwashing soap and water. Just make sure you use the cloth to apply and dry, and don't make it dripping wet for obvious reasons. And as a preventive, get Speck SeeThru Hardshell protector so you don't get marks on the MacBook itself. There is a red, clear, and blue color.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Lenovo Z560 Hackintosh -:- '06 iMac -:- iPod Touch 2ndGen
Another vote for the Speck protector, although I find dust still gets between the case and the MB because of static, but it's far better than letting the Mac get scratched and knocked about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 2GHz Intel Core2Duo 1GB 667MHz DDR2SDRAM 120GB HD | iPod Video 80GB White | iPhone 8GB
Yup. Besides, you can clean the case weekly if the small amount of dust bothers you. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.83 Macbook, 30 gig black ipod, 1 gig black nano, 2 gig blue nano
I use one of those microfiber cloths that people use to clean glasses. And I lick it. Sue me, but holding it under a faucet makes it too wet, but it needs to be just a tiny bit damp to get it really clean. When I was younger, my mom always used to lick a kleenex and then wipe my face, so I don't see how it's any different. :mac:

I've heard of people using car wax on the outside, but haven't tried it myself.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.