Help with my built in MIC

Reaction score
alright just got a macbook the other day. and i heard that this has a built in mic already. so i plugged a headphones so i can here myself better. then after, i spoke to the mic but i cant here myself. so i went to system preferences then sound then input. internal microhpone is highlighted but still nothing. i can see the bar moving so it seems working. but still i cant here myself. same thing when i plug my guitar directly to the line in port. i cant here anything but the bar from the sound setting is moving.. i really need some help.

cas

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 1.83Ghz 512mb Mac OSX 10.4.8
are you doing this in garageband?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
There is a little app called Jack that will allow you to route the sound from the mic to the output. You can probably do it in Garage Band and for sure in Amadeus which is a sound editing app. I tried Jack and got it to work but be sure to use headphones as you will get feedback from the Mic to the Speakers. That is why it's off by default! Here is a URL to Jack.

http://www.jackosx.com/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.