Web Design On An eMac

R

redrum

Hi,

I'm tired of Windows XP and need a change: a cheap one. So, I think the eMac would be the way to go. I do a lot of PHP web design and graphic design, so there are a few questions I have.

Can the eMac run several memory-crunching programs at once? I'm thinking of the Macromedia Studio MX 2004. I'm aware I need to max out the memory for it to have a semblance of workability, but otherwise...?

Also, I'm sure you can run Apache, PHP and MySQL on a Mac. But I'll ask in case you can't.

Is the eMac the way to go for a budget conscious user with power hungry programs?

I'm browsing a site with rumours of new eMacs coming out soon. I'll probably wait to see how that unfolds: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=67473&page=1&pp=25.

Thanks,

redrum

OP
D

dante22

I've used the software after upgrading my ram. runs fine with enough memory.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Yep you can run all that stuff without no problems at all :) Im running all those programs you mentioned on my powerbook G4 667 and it does it beautifully so the new eMacs will do it easilly and better than mine.. and I do this for my business :) They have some really awesome installers for PHP and MySQL also.. makes it really easy to upgrade.. havent tried apache since I havent needed to upgrade it yet.

OP
H

HopperJonusFang

redrum said:
Hi,

I'm tired of Windows XP and need a change: a cheap one. So, I think the eMac would be the way to go. I do a lot of PHP web design and graphic design, so there are a few questions I have.

Can the eMac run several memory-crunching programs at once? I'm thinking of the Macromedia Studio MX 2004. I'm aware I need to max out the memory for it to have a semblance of workability, but otherwise...?

Also, I'm sure you can run Apache, PHP and MySQL on a Mac. But I'll ask in case you can't.

Is the eMac the way to go for a budget conscious user with power hungry programs?

I'm browsing a site with rumours of new eMacs coming out soon. I'll probably wait to see how that unfolds: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=67473&page=1&pp=25.

Thanks,

redrum

Invalid link specified???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I hope that firefox banner is not your signature.. if it is, please read the rules on signatures, especially the part about their size :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.