HELP! Parallels requires admin PW before running

Reaction score
I installed XP media center edition through bootcamp. works flawlessy. then i set parallels to use my bootcamp partition to load windows. Now, everytime i try to start up parallels again, it keeps asking me for my admin password. it also asks for it right before parallels shuts down windows.

Prior to using my bootcamp partition, parallels never asked for my admin pw to start up. I want parallels to just start up when i open it and not always ask for my pw. Does anyone know a solution to this? Thanks in advace for your responses.

Reaction score
I want to also resolve this, have you found a solution?

At an operating system point of view, it seems like this password is required because parallels needs to mount and unmount the drive at various points for the virtual machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro quad 2.66 / G5 1.8
I want to also resolve this, have you found a solution?

At an operating system point of view, it seems like this password is required because parallels needs to mount and unmount the drive at various points for the virtual machine.

Dunno what the answer is, but it doesn't happen on mine, so I can say there must be a solution.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.