Does the Apple Bluetooth KB & mouse work with Parallels & Bootcamp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
I read in a Parallels review in Macworld that it does NOT support Bluetooth devices. Is this true? Can anyone verify this? Will they work properly under XP and Bootcamp?

I'm getting ready to buy a MacBook and will need to run some Windows software also. I am planning to run XP under Parallels (much preferred) and possibly Bootcamp. But I was also planning on buying the Apple Bluetooth KB and Mighty Mouse. Any wireless KB and mouse must work seamlessly under both OS-X and XP! If they don't, then I need to use another wireless solution such as USB wireless devices or just a wired set. I wanted to avoid plugging/unplugging the KB and mouse and Bluetooth will avoid this, but if they are not supported by Parallels then I'm wasting money buying them.

Reaction score
I'm not too sure about the apple bluetooth kb and mighty mouse, but i know for sure that the bluetooth works on bootcamp and parallels. My Radtech BT600 works great when running either bootcamp or parallels. I'm not sure if the apple kb and mouse has drivers for windows. Maybe someone else can comment on this. But a bluetooth kb and mouse that is compatible for both operating systems should work just fine.

OP
cramar
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2GB RAM, 22" Samsung WS monitor, Apple Bluetooth KB & Mighty Mouse, Airport Extreme BS
I found on the Parallels website forums that there are users who have the Apple Bluetooth KB and Might Mouse working correctly under Windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
I use BT kb and mouse with both Parallels and Bootcamp and both work fine. Make sure you record a copy of the Mac drivers CD when you install Bootcamp (it will prompt you to do so)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.